Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Looking Further I

17 February 2008

Frans Derzit has arrived this morning at the camp. He seems very eager to start exploring and researching the geysers on the island. His arrival has given a boost to our moral as I had expected. The group finally seems content with the completion of a monument to the Merchevics. It stands on the site of the family's camp close to the ocean. My planting campaign has resumed. Finally!
- Hans Mindirm

19 February 2008

Derzit and his group of scientists have set out on a study of the geysers. They hope to prove the theory that magma created the island. I just hope nothing happens to them while they conduct their observations.

Adam seems to be recovering nicely after the tragedy. He is more social now, and talks about what happened. A friend of the Merchevics has taken him under his wing. I do hope he recovers fully.

Here is our population count as of today: Since January 17th, twenty-seven have joined us. Geyser explosion took six, and two others left because of fear of the incident. Derzit's group has arrived with nine members, including himself, making the total count one-hundred and three.
- Ian Mindrim

-- Mindrim expedition records

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing! It sounds really beautiful.

By the way, thank you for the comment on my blog.. That is one of my favorite poems.

Your Friend,
Sarah

Cremlin said...

I'm glad you like it.

CCK-LeftHand said...

This is cool, keep up the good work!

Blog Directory - Blogged