Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Made Official

1 October 2008

I fear that my nation will not have record of its political establishment since the first of June, this year. My brother, who has tried to singlehandedly run Mindrimon's dire international problems, has developed a mental illness under all the stress. In a fit of frustration, he destroyed all the records that he has written beginning in June (early in June, the United Kingdom claimed part of the northern coast of the island). Once I got wind of his condition in Lithuania, I put aside my past shame and decided to step back into the country we founded. That was a month ago, and since then I have been working with NATO night and day to make a deal on the ownership of the island.

I am now overjoyed to report that my efforts this month have put order into the mess this phenomenon has created. It has been made official, yesterday, that every country that claimed a piece of the island will keep a piece. However, a great percent of the land we lost has been returned to us. Mindrimon now makes up nearly seventy-five percent of the mainland, as opposed to twenty-five before I started negotiating. I think that the people have accepted me back for my success with this compromise. My head feels empty at the moment, as the idea of this turmoil being over has not gotten to me yet. All that is in my mind now is to sleep for a week to recover from a month of sleepless nights. This is the political map that was agreed on yesterday:


Ian is currently in bed, and it does not look like he will be well in the near future. When I phoned him to report the good news, he paused for a long time, then asked me the meaning of the word compromise. I pray for him every night.
- Hans Mindrim

-- Mindrim expedition records

No comments:

Blog Directory - Blogged